The MISD School Calendar shows useful dates for parents, students and staff such as the beginning and ending of the grading periods, student holidays, breaks and teacher workdays.
The 2013-14 student calendars are exactly the same with the exception of the grading periods. The elementary calendar has four 9-week grading periods and the secondary calendar has six 6-week grading periods. View the 2013-14 calendar below:
2013-14 School Calendar
Approved: February 26, 2013
Download and view [PDF] the school board approved calendar for the 2013-14 school year.
(To import this calendar into your Google or iCal program, first download the .ics file and follow the instructions below...)
NEW! 2014-15 School Calendar Approved by School Board on Feb. 17, 2014.
The approved school calendar will include 4 grading periods for both elementary and secondary campuses. Download PDF
Importing the School Calendar:
Add to your Google Calendar:
- Click the down-arrow next to Other calendars (located on the left side).
- Select Import calendar.
- Click Choose file and find the file that contains your events, then click Open.
- Select the Google Calendar where you'd like to import events, then click Import.
Add to your iCal (Apple users):
- Choose Calendar > Subscribe in iCal.
- Copy and paste the web address to the 2013-14 calendar (http://www.midlothian-isd.net/calendar/calendar.ics), OR, the 2013-14 calendar (http://www.midlothian-isd.net/calendar/1314.ics) in the 'Subscribe To' field.
- Click 'OK'.
The district calendar is a district-wide calendar used to show the community and staff events that are planned.
There are numerous athletic contests scheduled throughout the district. Viewers can see games for boys and girls from 7-12 grades.
Student Assessment Calendar
Parents and students can check the Student Assessment Calendar to prepare for STAAR, TAKS and other assessment tests.
NOTE: MISD will administer the 5th grade science test on Thursday, April 24, instead of April 23 as indicated on the above Assessment Calendar from TEA. TEA allows districts to move test dates within the same testing week without prior permission.