A New way to connect with Midlothian ISD
About the App
Midlothian ISD, parents, students and community members can now connect together while on-the-go thanks to a new app from School Connect. This unique service allows school districts to manage the app's content through an online management system. The system updates the application's information and allows districts to send push notification alerts to users. Now parents and other app users can receive news and more while away from their laptop or home computer. For more information about the application, visit SchoolConnectApps.com or contact the MISD Communications Department.
Get Mobile Connected to MISD Today!
Midlothian ISD is taking school communication, transparency and accountability to a much higher level. The District partnered with School Connect and has launched a new mobile application that allows patrons to conveniently access district information on their Android and iPhones.
MISD school officials are excited about this new avenue to enhance school-to-parent and school-to-community communications. School Connect’s app development and hosting services are free to MISD and there are no download charges for mobile users.
Features will include calendars, district and campus news notifications, homework online, meal purchases, photo galleries, social media services, student grades, videos and more.
Midlothian ISD was featured on WFAA News Channel 8 about the School Connect app, and how it helps parents and students.
- Receive unlimited push notifications from the district, schools, teachers, clubs, athletics, and more instantly on your phone;
- Access to district staff phone and email;
- Ability to favorite pages in the application for quick reference;
- Check student grades with PowerSchool (via GradeBook);
- Stay ahead on assignments with Homework Online;
- Listen to Panther Radio, watch streaming videos and view photo galleries;
- Connect with social media services like Twitter, Facebook and Google+;
- Quick access to calendars, online meal purchases, athletics and more;
Push Notification Feed
Download Now for FREE!
How to Set Up
After installing the app on your device, open the School Connect app (This setup is only on the first initial launch):
- Step 1: Tap 'Manage Districts'
- Step 2: Select a State (tap Texas).
- Step 3: Select Midlothian ISD, then tap the 'Save' button at the bottom.
- Step 4: Select the district and/or desired campus(es) to receive Push Notifications by changing the slider to 'ON' next to the name.
Then tap 'Save' again. All done!
Once saved, users will have instant mobile access to MISD information featured on the website, as well as receive push notifications from the district, any campus or athletics department.
During setup of the app, if users experience an unexpected closure of the app or a blank screen, it is recommended to close (see image below) and relaunch the app. This will properly load the saved settings and perform normally. Questions about the app can be directed to School Connect.
To receive push notifications as a "pop up" on your phone, users must allow this in the Notifications area of the Settings app.